Step 1: Take Preliminary Measurements
It all begins by determining each person’s starting point. There are four ways we do that in the Whole Life Challenge:
- Take a preliminary body measurement (hips and waist, body fat, or weight)
- Do a preliminary workout of your choice
- Take a picture of yourself (a “before” picture)
- Complete the Quality of Life questions, a series of questions to help you get a handle on your health and happiness today.
We’ll provide you with our suggestions of workouts we’ve seen work well in the past. We also suggest you kick things off with a live, in-person community event. We’ve found this gets everybody off to a great start!
Step 2: Hold a Kickoff Event
The best way to get your employees excited and ready to start with a bang is to hold a Preliminary Event.
There are two distinct ways this could go:
- As an evening event:
- Whole Life Challenge-compliant hors d'oeuvres
- An introduction talk by the CEO
- A motivational (health and fitness related) speaker
- A walk-through of the game by your company's designated WLC Facilitator
- As an athletic event:
- Preferably held on the first Saturday morning of the WLC
- Employees check in like they would for a local 5K or 10K race
- Body measurement are taken at private stations (weight, girth, or body fat)
- The preliminary workout, which could be the same for all, or could include a range of workout choices based on fitness level, age, and goals