Starting the Challenge
The Whole Life Challenge begins and ends with the Whole Life Challenge Body, Fitness & Lifestyle Measurements, which consists of four items:
- A measurable workout
- Basic body measurements
- Before (and later, After) photo
- Quality of Life questions
1. A measurable workout is one that can be measured by a single score or a time that you can improve upon during the course of the 8 weeks. For example, running or walking a measured distance (like 1 mile) as fast as you can will give you a TIME result. Doing as many sit-ups as you can in 1 minute will give you a SCORE result. Either is acceptable because it can be improved upon.
On the other hand, completing a 1-hour yoga, Pilates, or spinning class does not constitute a measurable workout. No matter how many times you do it, your time will always be 1 hour. You have no possibility for a time improvement.
Note that your team leader might prescribe a specific workout for your team.
2. Basic body measurements
- Girth measurements of your waist and hips in inches or centimeters
- Weight in pounds or kilograms
- Body fat percentage
You choose which body measurement you record in your profile.
3. Before/After Photos are for your reference only. They will not be used to determine your official score.
Complete these four parts of Phase 2 to earn an indulgence token to start the Game with:
- Waist and Hips Measurements
- Preliminary Fitness Measurement
- 8 Additional Quality of Life Questions (11 total including the 3 from Phase 1)
- Upload a Before Photo
If you wish, all of your measurements and your photos can remain private on your profile. To determine what is public or private, start from your dashboard and click on MY PROFILE, then PRIVACY & NOTIFICATION SETTINGS.
Complete your Before Measurements before or during the first week of the Challenge. Enter your results in your MY PROFILE tab under the SELF ASSESSMENT sub-tab.
You will repeat your measurements again when you complete the Challenge. Your improvement in your workout score and measurements will be part of the formula used to determine your final ranking among your teammates.
4. The Quality of Life Questions
The Quality of Life questions are an opportunity to measure the impact the WLC has on your entire life. Changes during the Challenge won't only be physical and, often, measuring the non-physical changes gets left out of the equation. Remember the adage, "what you can measure, you can manage". This is your chance to do just that - evaluate where you are now, and then do it again at the end of the Challenge to see what's improved.
You will find the Quality of Life questions in the SELF ASSESSMENT sub-tab under your MY PROFILE tab in your dashboard. Answer them by considering what your life is like right now — not the way you hope it turns out or how you know how it’s going to be during the challenge. You will answer the Quality of Life questions again at the end of the Challenge and see your before and after results displayed side-by-side on the finals page.
Once you submit your answers, they will not be editable, so please make sure to review them carefully before submission.
The Self Assessment is not required, but we highly recommend it. The results will have no impact on your standing in final rankings. They are for your reference only.
If you still have questions, please click here to send a message to the WLC support staff. They are happy to help you.