For scorecards, sign-up sheets, and other materials, please see our Marketing Resources pages here.
For a printable version of this checklist, click here.
Understand the Game
- READ the Player Quick Start Guide
- REVIEW the Nutrition Level Comparison Chart
- READ the Complete Rules for the Whole Life Challenge
Tools for Building Your Team
- CONTACT your “raving fans” by phone – get them to sign up first
- SEND a series of emails to build your team. Use our sequence of pre-written emails
- HANG posters in your gym/office
- HANG the WLC sign-up sheet for on-the-spot sign ups
- UPDATE your web site – add the WLC Banner
- UPDATE your Facebook and Twitter page with a WLC Cover Photo
- BLOG about the WLC using our pre-written blog post as a guide
- INVITE your friends to join your team via social media with our sample Facebook posts and tweets
Prep for the Challenge
- PLAN the Prelim event using these details
- HOLD a pre-game huddle
- WRITE (or choose) the workout for your Team
- CHOOSE one of three types of body measurement techniques
- PLAN your “Raffle of the Week”
- PLAN your prizes, winners and awards and sponsors
- HOST a pre-game pot-luck dinner
During the Challenge
- KNOW the rules.
- HOST your Preliminary Event, preferably on Day 1 of the Challenge
- PLAY the game.
- SET the tone. Your attitude makes all the difference.
- COACH your players. Keeping your team engaged is one of your most important jobs.
- HOLD a weekly raffle and announce winner(s) each week
- CREATE opportunities for your players to stay on track.
- ENCOURAGE your players to host their own events (pot-lucks, group dinners), share recipes, and engage in food-swaps (or do it yourself)
- CREATE & ANNOUNCE specific workout programming designed around improving your community’s WLC workout
- SCHEDULE outside events specifically around the Challenge (things like hikes, yoga classes in the park, WLC-compliant BBQs, kickball games, Hooverball, etc)
Completing the Challenge – Click Here
- PLAN your Final event using these details
- INVITE & REMIND your team about the Finals several times over the last 2 weeks of the Challenge. Use these email templates.
- ENSURE your prize packages are complete and ready
- HOST your Finals, enter results, give out awards/acknowledgements
- ANNOUNCE & ACKNOWLEDGE achievements of individuals and community – photos, video, blog, social media
Have more questions? Submit a request