Absolutely! There is no better time to hold yourself accountable to good health than during your pregnancy or while breastfeeding your new baby. But first, you should talk to your doctor about participating.
In general, if you are going to play the Challenge while pregnant, we recommend playing at the Lifestyle level and eating very high quality meat and fish (actually, we make that recommendation for everybody!)
- Add full fat dairy to your list of allowable foods
- Full fat fat fermented dairy (yogurt, kefir)
- Consume only HIGH QUALITY red meat, pork, and fish with lots of good fat
- Know that even stevia and fruit can spike insulin and create a false positive in a glucola test, and cause a false gestational diabetes diagnosis
- Take a clean fish oil (Like Original Nutritionals or SFH).
- Stay away from recovery shakes (because of the low-quality dairy in the product)
- Vitamin D (endogenously sourced through exposure to sunlight) or perhaps a supplement during fall and winter.
- Take a probiotic if not getting it in your food (live-culture sauerkraut, for example)