Many of your players will never run a 5K or compete in any other fitness challenge. The Whole Life Challenge is their marathon, their triathalon, their CrossFit games. Treat it as such by creating opportunities for your players to stay in the game.
This includes things like:
- Holding a weekly raffle and announcing winners each week. Review the section “Raffles” for more information about holding raffles. Be sure to make a big deal about your raffle winners. Send emails (as provided in the link) to your team members announcing the winners and promoting the next week’s raffle.
- Inviting your teammates to group dinners at WLC-compliant restaurants. Or arrange potlucks at people’s houses. And encourage your team members to take the lead and arrange their own gatherings.
- Encouraging your teammates to share recipes or engage in food-swaps.
- Creating specific workout programming designed around improving results in your community’s WLC workout. Announce the days that these workouts will be held, and encourage your members to make these days their highest priority.
- Scheduling events specifically around the Challenge. If you are a gym owner, it is important that these events occur outside of your gym. The more people begin to see their opportunities for health and fitness that exist outside the gym, the greater their success in creating a sustainable lifestyle.
These events might include:
- Special outdoor workouts
- Yoga classes
- WLC-compliant BBQs
- Soccer, softball, kickball, volleyball, hooverball, etcetera
Once again, encourage your team members to take the lead and arrange their own events.
- Hosting an end-of-challenge potluck party.